Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Transportation Lesson for SmartBoard

Transportation Then and Now
I used this lesson a couple weeks ago during our social studies unit on comparing the past and today.  While I like to create things, I don't often like to recreate the wheel if there's something out there that will meet my needs.  This just wasn't the case when it came to transportation.  So, I made a short little SmartBoard lesson to help illustrate how transportation has changed over the years.  It includes a timeline and sequencing activity, a couple of thinking maps, a sorting activity and a graph at the end.
Here's a couple of pics.  I will upload this lesson to TpT (it's free), just as soon as I finish typing this post.
Click here for the link.



6 comments:

  1. awesome, thanks!

    tekyteach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot open this in notebook. Is there anyway you can send it to me in a PDF file?
    Thanks so much for sharing your ideas,
    Barbara
    meadowt@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was great! I'm student teaching at the University of South Alabama and found this lesson very helpful when I was trying to create my own social studies lesson. It gave me an idea of how long the SB pres. should be and how in depth to make it~ Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful. I also don't have SMARTboard, is there another way to access this? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I've been trying to find something online and this is exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete