Thursday, April 21, 2011

Telling Time with Prezi

It's Spring Break for us and I have to admit, I have a bit of spring fever and have not been real motivated to do "school things".  I had a few things I wanted to post last week and time just got away from me. 
Anywhoooo- a few weeks ago, Mrs. M over at The Techy Teacher posted about a free site called Prezi.com.  It allows you to create presentations on the web (kind of like PowerPoint).  So, I created an account and started playing around with it.  It's pretty user friendly and really engaging for the kids.  There's also tons of presentations already made that you can show/use for free.
We were working on telling time at that time (sorry for the redundancy) and so I created a presentation about the parts of a clock and telling time to the hour and half hour.
You can view it here, but I strongly encourage you to go to their site and try one of your own.  If you want to use it in your classroom, it might be better to view it from their site.  Our school computers/ network has lots of filters that make it difficult for us to access blogs and such.  
  I even made a simple one with words spelled with "or" and "ore" just for extra decoding practice.  
Fun, fun, fun!






1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this post!

    www.littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete